- 1/2 cup(s) white self-raising flour, (75g)
- 1/2 cup(s) plain flour, (75g)
- 3/4 cup(s) almond meal, (90g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried ginger, ground
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, (110g)
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- 120 g Reduced fat oil spread, melted
- 2 medium Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) skim milk, (80ml)
- 1 tsp icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 22cm round cake tin with oil. Line the base and side with baking paper.
Sift the combined flour, almond meal, baking powder and combined spices into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, carrot, spread, egg and milk until combined.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave the cake in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: 1 tablespoon of natural Greek-style yoghurt. TIP: This cake will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Serve warm or at room temperature. To make friands using this recipe, lightly spray a 12-hole friand tin with oil and reduce the baking time to 15 minutes.