Butterflied chicken with lemon caper sauce
Skinless chicken breast
680 g, (4 x 170g breasts)
Cauliflower rice (100% cauliflower)
80 g, sprigs
½ medium, thinly sliced
1 medium, (1 tbs lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
2 whole, thinly sliced
Capers, rinsed, drained
2 tbs, chopped
- To butterfly chicken breasts, place 1 breast at a time on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, slice lengthways through the thin side, without cutting all the way through. Open out the breast, cover with plastic wrap or baking paper and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- To make sauce, melt butter in the same pan over medium heat. Add eschalots and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Stir in capers and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, microwave cauliflower ‘rice’ following packet instructions. To make watercress salad, toss watercress, onion and lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine.
- To serve, divide cauliflower rice among 4 plates. Top with chicken and spoon over sauce. Serve with watercress salad and lemon wedges.