Carrot, zucchini, onion… you’d never know these filling beef rolls are chock-full of freshly grated veggies!
- 1 small Carrot, finely grated
- 1 small Zucchini, finely grated
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely grated
- 300 g lean beef mince
- 2 tbs tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) Breadcrumbs, (dry stuffing mix)
- 1 medium Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 individual reduced-fat puff pastry, just thawed
- 10 ml skim milk, (2 tsp)
Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Squeeze some of the excess liquid from the carrot and zucchini. Combine the vegetables, beef mince, tomato sauce, stuffing mix and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut the puff pastry in half lengthways. Roll each half between two sheets of baking paper to make each piece 14cm wide. Place half the mince mixture lengthways down the centre of each pastry half and roll to enclose the filling. Cut each roll in half. Place the rolls, seam-side down, on the prepared tray. Using a sharp knife, lightly score the top of each roll without cutting all the way through. Lightly brush each roll with the milk. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve the rolls with tomato sauce and steamed broccoli and cauliflower sprinkled with a little lemon zest and drizzled with lemon juice.