Banana toffee slice
8 individual, ptted, roughly chopped
Bicarbonate of soda
3 small, (250g) ripe, mashed
White self-raising flour
¾ cup(s), (120g)
WW Chocolate Drizzled Toffee Crisp Bar
10 bar(s), (10 x 17g)
Caramel flavoured condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 19cm square baking tin with oil. Line base and 2 sides with baking paper.
- Place dates, bicarbonate of soda and 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place 2 bananas in a large bowl and mash until smooth. Add eggs and date mixture and whisk to combine. Fold in flour and cinnamon.
- Place crisp bars in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute. Stir for 30 seconds (do not let mixture harden).
- Press bar mixture firmly over base of prepared tin. Pour banana mixture over prepared base in tin and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
- Place caramel in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon dollops of caramel over top of banana mixture. Thinly slice remaining banana lengthways. Top banana mixture with banana slices.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Set slice aside in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Cut into 10 slices to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.