This British classic treat is well appreciated for morning tea, with the perfect combination of chocolate, ice-cream and cherries.
Reduced fat vanilla ice cream
4 scoop(s), small
WW Bar, Chocolate Caramel Biscuit
4 serve(s), 4 bars, finely chopped
3 medium, at room temperature
⅓ cup(s), (75g)
½ cup(s), (75g)
Cherries, pitted, frozen
¾ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 24cm x 30cm Swiss roll tin with oil. Line tin with baking paper, allowing it to hang over the 2 long sides.
- Using electric beaters, beat eggs and sugar for 5 minutes or until mixture is pale and creamy and doubled in size. Sift combined flour and cocoa over egg mixture and pour 1 tablespoon boiling water down the inside of the bowl. Use a balloon whisk to gently fold until just combined (be careful not to over-stir).
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and carefully smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the centre.
- Meanwhile, place a tea towel on a flat surface and top with a piece of baking paper slightly larger than the tin. Turn cooked sponge immediately onto paper and peel away lining paper. Starting from 1 short side, roll up sponge (with paper) while still warm. Set aside to cool.
- Place a piece of foil cut slightly larger than the sponge tin on work bench. Cut a piece of baking paper the same size as foil. Place paper on top of foil. Carefully unroll sponge roll and place on top of paper.
- Place ice-cream in a cold metal bowl. Gently fold in biscuit bars and cherries. Working quickly, spoon ice-cream mixture over sponge roll and spread to the edges. Using the paper and foil as a guide, roll up sponge to enclose filling.
- Place roll in freezer for 6 hours or until firm. Dust with icing sugar and cut into 10 slices to serve.