Mother's Day recipes & healthy living tips
Celebrating all mums!
Mother's Day is celebrated in Australia and New Zealand on the second Sunday of May. It is a day to appreciate mums, grandmothers, step mums and other important female figures. It's is believed that the tradition of giving gifts on Mothers' Day started in Australia by Janet Heyden, a Sydney local who in 1924 collected gifts for lonely aged mothers in care homes.
Fun ways to celebrate Mother's Day
Mother's Day is a great time to show your mum just how much she's appreciated. Some great ways to celebrate include:
- Get active with the Mother's Day Classic fun run held Australia wide. This year they are going virtual.
- Raising money for charities that support women's wellbeing such as the McGrath Foundation.
- Involve the kids by going to a your local florist or supermarket and collect a gorgeous bouquet.
- Host a virtual catch up on ZOOM with all the aunties, grandmas and nanas.
- Cook mum breakfast! Check out our Mother's Day recipe ideas below.