Brussels sprouts recipes
Tips for buying and preparing Brussels sprouts
• Choose small, bright green and firm Brussels sprouts with leaves tightly furled.
• If boiling, halve or quarter sprouts so they cook faster and retain their colour. Boil, uncovered, in salted water until just tender.
• Arrange on a baking tray in a single layer. Lightly spray with oil and season. Add sliced garlic. Bake at 200˚C for 20-25 minutes. Serve drizzled with lemon juice. Brussels sprouts go well with almonds or pine nuts... perfect for a delicious salad.
• They’re a great vegie to add to stir-fries. Shred them and add towards the end, or quarter and cook with a little water with the lid askew until just tender.
• It’s not necessary to cut a cross in the stem when prepping as they can become waterlogged.
In season during: Autumn, winter and spring.