Schnitzel doesn't always have to be store-bought. Try using quinoa, polenta, panko or homemade breadcrumbs made from high-fibre sliced bread .
Healthier chicken schnitzel tips
Check out our expert schnitzel tricks that will help make your SmartPoints®allowance go further.
- If dining out, ask for extra salad or vegetables on the side instead of chips
- Ask for your topping on the side (choose gravy or tomato based sauces over white/cream based sauces)
- Steer clear of toppings that will increase the SmartPoints value such as ham and cheese
- Ask if the chef can oven-bake your schnitzel instead of deep frying
- Half your schnitzel and share with someone on your table or take the other half home
- Don’t be afraid to speak up. Chefs are usually happy to accommodate your dietary requirements