Top tips for buying and preparing rhubarb
Here are some top tips for buying and storing it, plus our favourite rhubarb recipes.
• When buying rhubarb choose rhubarb with long, brightly coloured firm red stalks.
• Rhubarb is a source of fibre and vitamin C.
• Kept in the food cripser section of your fridge for 3 to 5 days.
• Remove and discard the leaves (as they are poisonous). Wash the stalks, trim any white roots and chop the red stalk into desired length before cooking.
• Rhubarb isn’t usually eaten raw – it’s best when stewed, poached or baked.
• Rhubarb pairs well with flavours like; vanilla, ginger and orange.
In season during: Summer, autumn, winter and spring.