Tips for buying and storing berries
• Most berries including blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are in season during spring and summer.
• When buying berries look for dry, plump fruit that’s uniform in colour – berries don’t ripen after picking.
• Kept in their containers in your fridge drawer, strawberries can last up to seven days and blueberries up to two weeks.
• Rinse berries with water and gently pat dry with paper towel. Use a paring knife to remove green stem from strawberries.
• Eat as a snack, in smoothies, salads, desserts and cakes, try a sweet, mixed berry bruschetta for a special breakfast or brunch.
In season during: Autumn, spring and summer.