3 ZeroPoint foods to fill you up on myWW+ Blue
ZeroPoint foods add ﬂexibility
What are ZeroPoint foods? ZeroPoint foods are exactly what they sound like—foods that have ZERO SmartPoints value. Why? These nutritional powerhouses form the basis of a healthy eating pattern. You can eat ZeroPoint foods without measuring or tracking and still lose weight. (They are much less likely to be overeaten than other foods.) Each food colour plan has a different ZeroPoint foods list - Blue has 200+ foods. Here are just 3 you can enjoy and some fun recipes to try them in.
ZeroPoint food: Yoghurt
99% fat-free plain yoghurt is a ZeroPoint food on the Blue and Purple food plans.
- Rolling in the dough. Combine self-rising flour and yoghurt to make a versatile two-ingredient dough.
- Make yoghurt ice blocks. Add yoghurt to ice pop recipes for a smooth and creamy texture.
- Replace mayo. Swap mayonnaise for yoghurt in all your favourite deli salads and sides, like coleslaw and potato salad.
DID YOU KNOW? Greek yoghurt is higher in protein than regular yoghurt. It’s a little more sour, too. Stir in some citrus zest to sweeten the flavour.
ZeroPoint food: Eggs
Eggs are a ZeroPoint food on the Blue and Purple food plans.
Pro tip: Boiled, unpeeled eggs will last up to a week in the fridge.
- Make an omelette. Start your day right with a filling egg omelette. Toss in a variety of vegetables for added fibre.
- Spice things up. Shake up your poached eggs with a spice-filled Shakshuka.
- Perfect pasta sauce. Enjoy pasta with a creamy yet light pasta carbonara sauce with eggs.
- Whip them up. Meringue desserts, like fruit-filled pavlovas are delicious low-SmartPoints sweet treats.
- Put them on a pizza. Add a flavour and protein boost to homemade pizza; top it with a scrambled egg.
- Add them to entrées. Eggs are a great addition to vegetarian bowls, Asian stir-fry meals, and soups.
DID YOU KNOW? Putting eggs in an ice bath immediately after boiling will make them much easier to peel. It also helps if you start peeling at the wider end.
ZeroPoint food: Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a ZeroPoint food on the Blue and Purple food plans.
Pro tip: Don't love the texture of chickpeas? Roast them in sheet-pan meals in place of starches. They'll get nice and crunchy.
- Replace eggs in sweet treats. Pureed chickpeas add fibre and protein to no-bake bliss balls. Dark chocolate bliss balls.
- Add chickpeas to your burger. Use chickpeas in veggie burger patties. It gives them a rich, slightly nutty taste.
- Use chickpeas to make a dip. Blend chickpeas with roasted capsicum for a delicious ZeroPoint dip.
DID YOU KNOW? Chickpeas are an excellent vegetarian source of protein and fibre. Add them to soups, salads and stir-frys for a filling meat-alternative.