40 facts about Weight Watchers
Facts about Weight Watchers
1. Weight Watchers Your Way is our biggest program innovation ever! We'll transform your life through three key areas: food, fitness and mindset.
2. For the past five years, we’ve been awarded Best Plan for Weight Loss and Easiest Plan to Follow by the News & World Report.
3. WW is not a diet. It’s a permanent healthy lifestyle change that will teach you how to keep the weight off for good.
4. You'll learn to take care of yourself from the inside out because science proves that happier people make healthier choices. You’ll quickly see that feeling good is part of everything we do.
5. It doesn't matter how many times you’ve tried to lose weight or get healthy before, we’re here to guide you every step of the way on your new journey. Forget the past, at WW we’re all about looking forward.
Jade Zuccala lost 34.2kg in 18 months with 1 on 1 Coaching.
Your Way Program
6. We want you living a bigger life in a smaller, healthier body – and that starts with eating real food that’s full of flavour and fuels your body.
7. Holistic is the name of the game at WW. Your Way covers what’s on your plate as well as having fun while getting fit (it is possible – trust us!) and tapping into the way you feel to make the program come together and work for you.
8. It’s right there in the title – lose weight, Your Way. This means you make your own choices about what to eat and how to move. There’s no fixed food plan (though we have plenty of ideas when you need them) and we won’t dictate when and how you exercise (but we have workouts online anytime you need a push in the right direction).
9. Your Way isn’t about handing you the rule book and hoping for the best. We'll support you 24/7 online, via the app or in person at our Group Coaching sessions. You'll be a part of our online community and get the support you need in a way that works for you.
10. If you drop weight quickly following the Program, fantastic! We’ll help you celebrate (loudly!), but keeping it off in the long run is what Your Way is designed to do. Reshaping your lifestyle with long-term sustainability in mind is our priority – quick fixes just aren’t our style.
Katie Maxwell lost 50kg in 2 years with Group Coaching.
What are SmartPoints?
11. The SmartPoints Plan reflects the very latest in nutrition science. We've made sure the Plan is modern and up-to-date and we don’t make changes just for the sake of it.
12. Declaring an all-out war on chocolate isn’t a requirement of joining WW. With our Plan, nothing is off the menu. Instead, we show you how to make SmartPoints work for you so you’ll lose kilos, not your lifestyle.
13. SmartPoints is an easy-to-use number assigned to every food so no complicated kilojoule counting or mental maths required. Instead we make tracking as simple as possible so you can make healthier choices become second nature.
14. While you’ll receive a daily SmartPoints allowance to stick to, we know you live in the real world where the unexpected pops up – enter your weekly allowance! These extra SmartPoints can be used when you want, how you want (or not touched at all, if you prefer).
15. On the member website you’ll find 4,000+ healthy recipes with SmartPoints included. You'll have access to endless ideas on what to eat and can easily determine which foods can fit into your daily SmartPoints allowance.
Coach and 2014 Slimmer of the Year Tina Kermode lost 28kg in 9 months with Online Coaching.
What are FitPoints?
16. You’ll get a personalised FitPoints goal to strive for each week. It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting out or a gym junkie.
17. It's easier than ever to accumulate FitPoints for moving. Whether you go for a stroll around the block, hit the weights room at the gym or get your flow on in a yoga class, every bit counts towards your weekly goal.
18. Your FitPoints goal is flexible. Once you complete the Personal Assessment, you can work towards the goal we set you. If you’re ready for a fitness challenge, you can up the ante at any time.
19. One of the best ways to earn FitPoints is by exercise in disguise. Gardening, running around with the kids, even hitting the shops all counts towards your weekly goal. We've got plenty of fitness ideas to get you moving.
20. Tracking your FitPoints is easy when you sync your activity device like a Fitbit or Apple Health. It sends all of your data straight to your WW app.
Jodie Woods lost 17.5kg in 10 months with Group Coaching.
21. Our Group Coaching sessions are different every week. You’ll do a little listening and most of the talking as we cover everything from refining recipes to getting fit and why feeling good has become a weight-loss must.
22. Once you reach your goal weight and complete our 6 week maintenance program, you'll become a Lifetime Member so you can attend meetings for free! It's the ultimate way to maintain your weight and keep inspured.
23. What you’ll discover at every single meeting is that we’re all in this together. Thousands of meetings take place across Australia and New Zealand every week, bringing like minded people together who want to make positive changes. You’ll quickly learn that weight loss is much easier when you’re surrounded by a room full of cheerleaders on the same journey.
24. WW is shaking things up and our meetings are bringing back the fun. We’re now including cooking demonstrations, inspiring guest speakers with fellow member's weight-loss stories. If you’re after a boring food sermon, WW meetings are not for you!
25. If you don’t leave a meeting feeling inspired, we haven’t done our job! Building your self-belief is a huge part of the Program and we guarantee you won’t come away from a WW meeting without a solid dose of inspiration to push your motivation along throughout the week.
(From left) Bernadette Badke lost 82.7kg in 2 years; Leanne Karapetian lost 67kg in 1 year and 7 months; Kathy Dowdell lost 56.9kg in 2 years and 8 months all with Group Coaching.
26. Weight Watchers Coaches are qualified know-it-alls who understand the Program inside and out. They’re ready and waiting to give you a nudge in the right direction and lend a hand when the questions get tricky and the scale isn’t moving.
27. Other than being able to talk about all things food, fitness and feeling good, our Coaches number one role is to be your head cheerleader. They’re always willing and ready to dish out a high five when things are going your way or you’ve had a great, celebration-worthy week.
28. A few stumbles along the way is part of everyone’s weight-loss journey and our Coaches know that better than anyone. If you find yourself needing a hand, they’re your go-to. They've seen it all and are full of inspiring ideas and know-how to get you back on track.
29. Our Coaches know when to speak and when to listen. Their job is to guide you along, not boss you about.
30. Every WW Coach knows you’re not looking for a fad diet and if you’re after a quick-fix solution, you’re speaking to the wrong people! Our Coaches want to help you lose weight now – and keep it off in the future.
Coach Rosa Caruana lost 15kg in 11 months with Online Coaching.
31. When you join Weight Watchers, you get access to 'My Day'. This is your program dashboard that shows you how many SmartPoints values you've used and how many you have left, as well as how many FitPoints you've earned through activity.
32. Under your dashboard, you can update and manage your program settings. Update your goal weight, view your weight-loss history, modify your weekly FitPoints goal and loads more.
33. You have access to over 4,000 recipes that have the SmartPoints worked out for you! Search and filter recipes by meal time or dietary preference. If you want to change the ingredients in any recipe, modify them and re-save them as your own. Plus you can make them 'favourites' to fast track them for next time.
34. Each week we deliver the digital 'Weight Watchers Weekly'. It's jam packed download full of great ideas and motivation for sticking to the Plan.
35. We have a Workout hub especially for members! Each workout features a simple circuit of moves. You can mix and match workouts to suit your fitness goals, location or what you're in the mood for.
Natasha Kelly lost 43.2kg in 11 months with Group Coaching.
36. Want to find the SmartPoints values on supermarket food? Open up our barcode scanner and hold it over a barcode. View the SmartPoints, save the food, instantly track it or make it a favourite for next time. Making healthier choices has never been easier!
37. We've created an exclusive Connect community for our members. Follow other members, share your weight-loss progress, post photos, video or recipes and like other member's posts. It's a safe and supportive community of like minded people.
38. Our app is a constantly evolving! We're always working on awesome new features and making upgrades to ensure the app becomes your 24/7 support tool.
39. No matter where you go, you've got an Online Coach in your pocket 24/7 days a week. You might need some advice on what to eat, or need a motivation booster. No matter your question, we're here to help!
40. Need some inspiration on what to cook tonight? Click on Discover Recipes and we'll serve up plenty of options! You can filter by course, SmartPoints value and dietary preference. You'll never get bored of healthy foods ideas!
Connect your activity devices and wireless scales to your account to do the tracking for you.