Beef Empanadas Recipe from Laura's Lean Beef®
Sponsored by Laura's Lean Beef®
PointsPlus™ Value: 1
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 servings cooking spray
- 1/2 lb Laura's 96% Lean Ground Round
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canned reduced-sodium yellow corn, drained
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef with onion, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, stirring frequently and breaking up meat as it cooks, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 to 8 minutes; drain. Stir in corn, salsa and tomato paste; cook until heated through. Remove and let cool.
- Working with one wonton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon beef mixture into center of each wrapper. Bring 2 opposite corners together and pinch the points to seal, forming a triangle. Place wrappers on a wire rack and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place empanadas on prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray; bake until golden, turning once, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serving Size: 1 empanada
- Optional: Serve with salsa and low-fat sour cream, if desired (not included in PointsPlus value).