David Kirsch’s Anytime, Anywhere Workout: While Traveling for Business
Sure, you can visit the hotel gym, but when you need to squeeze in quick mini-workout, try these three moves from the comfort of your own hotel room.
Kirsch, a celebrty trainer, travels a lot for business himself. So he designed these three exercises with the busy traveler in mind. “One of the worst things about traveling for work is hotel beds. They are not as comfortable as your home bed. Planks are the perfect exercise to strengthen your back and core and to reconnect your body.”
DO IT NOW:
- Place palms on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Core and abs are tight. Make sure your chest is right over your hands. Hold the position for 10 seconds. Work yourself up to 30 seconds, then 1 minute.
- Make sure you are not dropping your hips. You don’t want to stress your lower back. If you are feeling it in your shoulders you are not in line with your hands.
You can borrow a stability ball from your hotel gym in place of a pillow. This exercise targets your core and abs.
DO IT NOW:
- Start by lying on your back, arms over your head, holding a pillow.
- Lift your arms and shoulders as if you are doing a crunch. Exhale as you come up. At the same time lift your legs to meet your arms. Hand the pillow off to your legs. Lower your arms and then your legs to the floor.
- Lift up your arms and shoulders at the same time as your legs and hand off the pillow from your legs to your hands. Continue handing off the pillow from hands to legs and legs to hands.
This exercise targets several large muscle groups for a total body workout.
DO IT NOW:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms on your hips. Focus your body weight and energy into your heels.
- Bend your knees and squat down as if you are about to sit. Extend your legs and lift back up to your starting position.
BONUS TIP: Take it Outside
One of the best ways to get to know a place is to explore it by foot. Start your morning with a jog or a brisk walk. You’ll feel invigorated and ready to tackle the day.
Check out more exercise demos by David Kirsch:
Stuck at the office
At home with baby
For more info on David Kirsch, check out davidkirschwellness.com.