POINTSPLUS® Value: 5
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 80 minutes
Spinach and Artichoke Heart Two-Potato Casserole
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 ounces Neufchatel (1/3-less fat) cream cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 7 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 6 oz bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°F and coat a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place cut side down on a board and slice very thinly. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat broth, Parmesan, garlic salt, cheeses and artichoke hearts in a medium saucepan until cheeses are melted. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Stir mixture into potatoes with green onions, mixing well to coat potatoes as evenly as possible.
- Spread in prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce temperature to 375°F; cook for 1 hour more or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- *To reduce the cook time, boil potatoes whole for 5 minutes or until tender then slice. Drain well. Prepare as directed above then bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 cup