Cottage Cheese, Egg, and Ham Muffins
Daisy® Brand Cottage Cheese
PointsPlus™ value: 4
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Cottage Cheese, Egg and Ham Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Daisy Brand 2% Cottage Cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup lean ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 3 sprays cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, eggs, oil and milk.
- Fold the ham, Cheddar cheese and scallions into the cottage cheese mixture.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Coat a 12-hole nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill each muffin hole 2/3's full with batter.
- Bake until the muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Note: Muffins can be made ahead and reheated.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of fresh melon.
Serving Size: 1 muffin