PointsPlus™ value: 8
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Avocado Tuna Sandwich
- 1 1/2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely mashed
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips, fresh or jarred in water, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) drained canned chunk white tuna, packed in water
- 8 slices reduced-calorie multi-grain bread
- 8 slices tomato slices
- 8 slices red onion
- 1. In medium bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, red pepper strips, parsley, garlic salt and pepper.
- 2. Gently flake and fold in tuna.
- 3. Fill each sandwich with 2 slices tomato, 1/4 cup? (Helpful if there is a cup measure) tuna mixture filling and 2 slices red onion.
- 4. Serve immediately.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich