Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Simple Steak Sandwich from Arnold®/Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® rolls
- 4 Arnold®/Oroweat® Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins® rolls
- 1 lb uncooked lean strip loin steak, trimmed
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large Spanish or Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Place steak in freezer for 30 to 45 minutes to make slicing easier.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook onions, stirring frequently, until they begin to caramelize (onion will start to turn brown).
- 3. Add bell pepper slices and sauté until warm. Add water to deglaze pan.
- 4. Continue to cook onions and peppers for about 15 minutes.
- 5. Slice cold steak into thin strips and brush with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a griddle pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak about 1 minute per side.
6. Place several slices of cooked meat on the bottom half of a Sandwich Thins® roll, and add onions and peppers. Top with the other half of the Sandwich Thins® roll.
- Be your own chef MOMENT: Add in a cheese, like provolone or American, to turn this into a simple cheese steak recipe! (Not included in PointsPlus value). Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich