PointsPlus Value: 4
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus 2 to 24 hours chilling time
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. STEVIA EXTRACT IN THE RAW® CUP FOR CUP
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 packets STEVIA EXTRACT IN THE RAW®
- 1 tsp. Freshly grated nutmeg
- Fill a large bowl one-third with ice. Pour in cold water to fill bowl two-thirds full. Set a medium metal bowl by stove.
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk eggs. Add 3 Tbsp STEVIA IN THE RAW CUP FOR CUP and whisk until smooth. Pour in milk and set pot over medium heat. Cook, whisking often, until custard mixture registers 160°F on instant-read thermometer, or custard lightly coats wooden spoon and your finger leaves track along back of spoon, about 10 minutes. Immediately pour custard into medium metal bowl and set bowl in prepared ice water bath. Whisk until custard is cooled to about 85°F or it feels cool to the touch. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, mix brandy into chilled custard. Combine heavy cream and 2 packets STEVIA IN THE RAW in a chilled bowl and beat until loosely whipped. Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into custard and divide egg nog among 10 punch cups or small mugs. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cream to float on top of each cup egg nog. Garnish with a generous sprinkling of nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup