Creamy Low-fat Macaroni & Cheese
Community Posted Recipe
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
A very creamy low-fat mac & cheese that's easy to make
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
2 1/2 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
3 cup(s) fat free milk
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 piece(s) The Laughing Cow Light queso fresco & chipotle wedges
- 1. Put the whole-wheat elbow macaroni, skim milk and salt into a large sauce pan on a burner.
2. Raise the heat to medium-high and cook from 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously until the whole-wheat macaroni is tender.
3. Remove the large sauce pan from the heat.
4. Add the 3 wedges of Laughing Cow light cheese and stir until they are melted.
5. Serve the mac & cheese immediately.
* Add 1-2 cups steamed broccoli and/or asparagus at Step 4 for a more filling and healthier meal without adding points.
* After Step 3, follow these steps:
4. Remove the whole-wheat macaroni from the thickened milk and put into it a serving bowl. If using steamed broccoli and/or asparagus, add it to the serving bowl at this time.
5. Place the thickened milk back on a burner
6. Raise the heat to low and stir the thickened milk continuously.
7. While stirring, add whatever herbs and spices sound good to you as well as the 3 wedges of Laughing Cow light cheese.
8. Once the cheese has melted, pour the cheese sauce over the whole-wheat macaroni and steamed broccoli and/or asparagus.
9. Mix and serve.
* Normally, skim milk is placed over low heat so it won't come to a boil and curdle. In this situation, the starch from the whole-wheat elbow macaroni is released into the milk so it can handle higher heat, including boiling. The released starch thickens the skim milk creating a béchamel sauce.
* You can use any flavor in any combination of 3 Laughing Cow light cheese wedges for the same number of points so get creative!
* If you use whole-wheat pasta instead of whole-wheat elbow macaroni, each serving will be 6 points.
You can access thousands of recipes by subscribing to WeightWatchers.com.